Concretopia comes to Edinburgh and Glasgow

I'm really excited to be doing events in Edinburgh and Glasgow for Concretopia this April. I've spent a fair bit of time in both cities, and love them very much. Though will have to temper my desire to hide in the local history section of the Mitchell Library for weeks as I did when researching the book.

One of the best things about it for me will be, of course, the buildings the events are taking place in. The first is the Edinburgh event, on Wednesday 15th April from 6 to 7.30pm. This is in 50 George Square, designed by RMJM between 1965–70. We'll be in the new lecture theatre designed by Page/Park.

The Glasgow event is the following night, Thursday 16th April, again at 6–7.30pm. This is in the former Glasgow Herald building, The Lighthouse, designed by John Keppie and Charles Rennie Mackintosh between 1893–5. This time we'll be in another Page/Park refurbished venue, the Workshop.

Big thanks to the Scottish branch of Docomomo (the society for documenting and conserving buildings of the modern movement) who have asked me to do the talks. They're on Ten Buildings That Made Postwar Britain. I hope you can make one of them.


Comments

Popular Posts