Concretopia


Book update – I've been rather behind schedule since the shingles/bells palsy episode, but my editor and agent have sorted me out and now I feel more confident again. I'm probably about 2/3 of the way through the narrative, with a couple of gaps due to a lack of interviewees. I have an interviewee in York to talk to about living in prefabs after the war, and a Milton Keynes pioneer I need to see too, but I could always do with more.

My office block and shopping centre chapters are a little under-weight too, so I'm still keeping an eye out for people who designed, built or worked in Richard Seifert offices, Elephant and Castle shopping centre or the Bull Ring or Croydon's rebuilt town centre in the sixties. The good news is that people I have interviewed have been brilliant.

The title has changed too. Initially it was going to be called Britain by Jetpack, and then This Concrete Isle. The final title is Concretopia, which I think I'm happy with. I'm doing some rewriting at the moment. It feels like it's beginning to turn into a story, thankfully...

Do get in touch if think you fit the bill for any of the missing slots, and you are interested in being interviewed. (john dot grindrod at gmail dot com)

Comments

Popular Posts