Randomizer

Extremely excited (and nervous) to receive a CD of the Doctor Who story The Old Rogue I wrote last year, part of the Short Trips short story collection produced by Big Finish, the ultimate in fanboy production companies. I couldn't remember much about it, other than that it was my mini-tribute to those flippant Douglas Adams-era stories I loved so much when I was a kid – where Tom Baker and Lalla Ward gallop flirtatiously through their lines like it's The Beiderbecke Affair – so I listened with apprehension and, as it turned out, a little bit of pride.

It's so well made – music, sound effects, proper acting and everything. I had no idea who was going to read it, so imagine my delight when I discovered it would be Leela, or rather the amazing Louise Jameson. Her Tom Baker impression is particularly ace. There's even been a very kind review of it. I've always wanted to write something for Doctor Who, and this little opportunity has made me very happy indeed.

What a nice random extra to my strange sabbatical summer.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts